I'm so excited to be tagged with the Versatile Blogger award!
I was tagged by Pixie, author of the blog Cheese Curds and Kimchi. In addition to being an awesome blogger, Pixie is in the process of adopting her first child from Korea. She writes lovely, thoughtful posts about adoption and becoming a mom. She also does cool things like Friday Roundups (lists of her favorite posts) and Word Wednesdays (mini-Korean language lessons). If you haven't visited her blog yet, you should definitely check it out.
Here's the award rules:
1. Thank and talk about whoever gave you the award (Thanks Pixie!).
2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
3. Give the award to 7 other bloggers who rock.
Seven Facts About Me:
1. I have never gotten used to changing diapers and am very suspicious of mothers who claim they have.
2. I clean the house before my babysitter comes over. The babysitter I pay to watch the kids so I can clean my house. Also, she's 13 years old, shows up looking like she just rolled out of bed and I'm sure has more important things, like boys and Miley Cyrus, to think about than if there's crumbs on my counter. Yet I still find myself running around like a crazy person before she gets here because...I don't know...I don't want her texting other 8th graders that my house is a mess? I know, its a little nuts.
3. I'm the only woman in America who didn't love Eat, Pray, Love. I wanted to like it, I tried really hard to stick with it, but never made it past the eating. I think reading about another person's entire year of self-indulgence while huddled in a sliver of moonlight waiting for my toddler to fall asleep made me entirely too jealous to enjoy the story.
4. Grey's Anatomy and Law & Order: SVU used to be my favorite shows, but since becoming a mom I can't watch them anymore. I can't stand the reminder of how fragile life can be. Instead, I've become a reality tv junkie. I'm far too invested in Kourtney & Scott's relationship and Snookie's latest antics.
5. The celebrity I'd most like to meet is Ina Garten from Barefoot Contessa. I love her casual, cozy approach to food and life.
6. When I was in 4th grade a grasshopper got stuck in my hair during recess and no one could get it out. Finally, the teacher had to mush it in my hair and then pull it out bit by bit. Not surprisingly, bugs still freak me out just a little bit.
7. Chris & I recently went out with another couple to celebrate his birthday. My friend & I had too much to drink and spent 2 hours excitedly discussing her new rice steamer. I woke up with a massive headache and an inability to decide whether it had been totally lame or the best night ever.
I'm supposed to tag 7 other bloggers I love, but I always get stressed out about hurting someone's feelings. Plus, many of my favorite bloggers have already been tagged. I appreciate everyone whose nice enough to read my blog and comment, so if you're a reader and love making lists about yourself like I do, consider yourself tagged....and leave a comment here so I can make sure to check out your post.